August has literally flown by so fast I can’t believe that it’s almost September already! Of course my three weeks of vacation passed so fast I could still use another three weeks. As I don’t really wear makeup when I don’t have to go to work, this months august favorites consists mostly of skin care products.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water (500 ml/ 16.91 fl. oz.) This is a must have in my makeup routine. I used up my first bottle back in June and I thought I’d try to live without it for a while since it is pretty expensive. I managed to be without for like month before caving in and buying my second bottle. But I did miss it everyday that I was without it, so I won’t be pulling that stunt again. Read my review on it here.
- Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster (15 ml / 0.5 oz) is a self tanning product that you mix with your moisturizer to give you a healthy and radiant sun kissed glow. I’ve really been liking this because my face is always the first part of my body to go really pale because I frequently exfoliate and use a lot of skin care products. As I’m naturally tan, it annoys me that my face is almost white while the rest of my body is tanned. Let’s see if I love it as much during the winter when it’s going to have to prove itself.
- Naked Heat Palette Do I even have to explain why? I’ve been obsessed with this palette ever since I got it and it has actually inspired me to play around with makeup more and try to create different eyeshadow looks. I’ve been so uninspired lately and for me my makeup has only been the bare essentials because I just couldn’t be bothered. If you want to why I’ve been loving this so much, you can read my review here.
- Maria Nila Heat Cream Spray (Swedish brand) has been a lifesaver for my hair lately. It doesn’t just protect my hair from the heat of the blow drier or flat iron, it also hydrates my hair, protects hair color and leaves it super smooth and non frizzy. I’ve loved every product I’ve ever tried from Maria Nila as they leave my hair smooth and hydrated. The best part is that all of their products are free from sulphates and parabens, they are also 100 % vegan and the packaging is carbon neutral. So their products aren’t just good for you, they are also good for the environment. Can’t get much better than that. If you live outside of Sweden and want to try the Maria Nila range, they are also sold at amazon.co.uk.
- Sigma Chisel and Trim Contour Brush (F77) is a brush I’ve actually owned for years I just haven’t used it. I must admit that it kind of scared me a little as it doesn’t look very user friendly. I always thought I could just use it with cream products but I tried it a couple of weeks ago with my Kat von D Shade & Light Contour palette. I don’t know what I was expecting but I actually really liked it at first. It helps me keep my contour in the hollows of my cheeks, and only there. Usually I feel like I have hard time contouring because I accidentally apply more contour than I want to. But it took me a while to figure out how to blend my contour properly and I ended up using a separate buffing brush for blending. But since it doesn’t really blend the product at all it just looks like I have two stripes on the sides of my face. Yeah, not cute.
What products have you been loving this past month? Let me know in the comments section below.