May has been a month of highs and lows. My allergies have been acting up, and on top of that, my skin was not liking my skin care routine so it decided it was time to break out. But, I finally feel like I’ve pinpointed what it was that my skin wasn’t feeling, and now it looks and feels so much better! So this past month my focus has primarily been on skin care, trying to get my skin back on track. So naturally, a lot of my favorite products this month are skin care products.
What I’ve been loving:
- Clarins Extra-Firming Night Cream (All Skin Types) has been a life savior for tired mornings. My allergies are always the worst in the morning and I basically wake up with a puffy face and swollen eyes every day. This amazing cream tightens and firms up the skin so that you look less tired and puffy when waking up. I now wake up looking well rested and less swollen (except for the eyes).
- Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask has been clearing up my acne and diminishing the appearance of my acne scars. This is now a must have in my skin care routine.
- MAC blush in Peaches is my current blush obsession. Which is kind of surprising since I’m not a fan of matte blushes. But the shade is so pretty and it looks very natural on my skin. If you don’t own MAC Peaches yet, you need to.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion has been drying out my acne and getting my skin back to normal. This is a very hit and miss product for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. This time I’m just super happy that it did work.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream. Even though it contains alcohol which sometimes stings my face, it has done wonders for my dry skin. I love to use it in the morning before I apply my foundation.
- Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer in Pretty Thing is my new lip gloss favorite. It’s a great everyday lipgloss for when you want to look natural, but better.
- Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is my new favorite cleanser. It even removes your mascara and it doesn’t leave the skin feeling dry and tight. I love oil cleansers, because I feel like they are the best to remove dirt and makeup. I unfortunately can’t use coconut oil because it breaks me out so this cleanser is a great substitute (except for the prize).
What I’ve not been loving:
- The Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2 % BHA Liquid. This pains me. I had such high expectations for this, and the way people were raving about it, I was almost expecting it to solve all my problems. But alas, my expectations were too high. This broke me out and it also dried my skin out to the point where the skin on my nose and around my nostrils was flaky and red. My foundation kept looking flaky and patchy. I was so desperate that I combined all of my moisturizers, both day and night, in hope that something would help. I’m really not feeling this exfoliant, and I never though I’d be saying that.
- Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40. I love this product but I’m not a fan of the packaging! The liquid keeps getting pushed out of the bottle every time I use the dropper. Soon there will be no product left in the bottle and it will all just be stuck around the rim. Oh, and there is too little of the actual product in the bottle. Which surprised me. I haven’t used it much, maybe 1-2 drops a day for the past two months, but I’m already almost out of it.
I hope you enjoyed this months highlights and disappointments! What’s your favorite products this month?