I actually haven’t been using that many different products during this month of June. Most of the products that are a lot of the same products that I was loving in the month of May. There are however some new products (and even some old ones) that I’ve been loving a little extra lately.
- MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost is really an oldie but a goodie. I recently rediscovered this again. I’m usually not into highlighting my face with concealer because I feel it looks too heavy and caky. It might look good on Instagram & Youtube, but in real life it looks a mess. This is by far more lightweight than my Nars Creamy Concealer (which I actually don’t like at all). However, this can easily look too heavy if you overdo it. A light hand is best for natural result. I actually think it looks best when I use it without foundation. It just looks like a natural and healthy highlight. Rediscovering this has made me want to try the Yves Saint Laurent Touché Eclat.
- Colourpop Cosmetics Super Shock Cheek highlighter in Electric Slide is an amazing highlight that’s been sitting in my drawer for months and I just unfortunately haven’t been reaching for it. I recently started using it and oh my goodness, it’s so good and natural looking. I honestly don’t know why I haven’t bee reaching for it more often. It’s probably because I was so disappointed with their Super Shock Shadows that I felt like this was going to be a dud as well. But it’s not! It is definitely worth every penny. Unfortunately it has been discontinued and is not available for purchase anymore. Bummer!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20 UVB/UVA has been my go to base the last couple of months. I love it because it looks so natural and my face looks healthy and glowy. The only downside is that it barely has any coverage, but I’ve solved that by mixing it with either a few drops of my CoverFX Custom Cover Drops or I just mix in a few drops of my Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation.
- My Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel has been very well used the last couple of months, I unfortunately can’t use it anymore as I’ve gotten a bit of sun and it hardly shows up on my skin anymore. But, before I went and got myself a tan I was using this everyday. Even though I love this bronzer, I still think it’s a joke that they only have it in one shade. Don’t even get me started on the fact that they have the audacity to call it a ‘universal bronze’. We all know it’s not.
- The Bobbi Brown Glow Stick in Island is a new favorite of mine. Girl, this product is amazing. I was super scared to use this as I suffer from oily skin and this product is basically hardened oil and vaseline with glitter in it. But I don’t feel like it makes me look oily or shiny. Mind you that I only use this on my cheeks and a bit on my forehead. I don’t go anywhere near my T-zone. This does contain a lot of shimmer and I have noticed that if I pair this with a shimmery blush, it just looks like a glitter bomb went off on my face and it will look a little chunky. Therefore, I recommend you use it with a matte blush. Which is probably why I’ve been loving the next product a little extra this month.
- MAC Powder Blush in Peaches has been my go-to blush for the last month or so, I’ve been using it everyday. I’m really into peach and coral blushes and this is not an exception. The fact that it’s matte is great, because it pairs so well with my glow stick.
- Last but not least, I’ve been loving the Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment. It has been a life saver for me. I don’t know what is wrong with my skin. But I feel like it’s been super dry and super oily at the same time. I’ve also noticed that the more I hydrate my skin, the less oily it looks and feels. So, hydration is really a must for me and this products has really been giving me that intense hydration that I’ve been needing.
You know what? I actually don’t have any disappointing products for the month of June. Let me know in the comments section below what products you have been loving lately.