Where does time go? I feel like I start all my monthly favorites panicking about how fast time flies but that’s literally how I feel. It’s October and this year is heading towards it’s end. I mean, we’re planning for christmas at work right now, and It’s just crazy to think that it’s almost that time of the year again. Okay, okay… let me not get too far ahead of myself. Christmas isn’t here yet but fall definitely is. Nature is changing and it truly is a beautiful time of the year. So what have I exactly been loving this past month? Let’s find out.
- Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2 % (30 ml for 9.80 EUR/ 102 SEK) This amazing little bottle has definitely changed my skin. I love it. It makes my skin look smoother and less texturized, it has improved my acne and it has helped clear up my acne spots. I don’t feel like I have to wear foundation anymore and I even skip it somedays. This has quickly become an essential skin care item for me and it quickly grabbed a top spot among my monthly favorites this month.
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask (5 oz. / 150 ml for 58 $ / 629 SEK) This mud mask really unclogs and draws the impurities out of my skin. I have really been loving this in combination with my Sensai Silk Peeling mask and the retinoid from The Ordinary. Definitely my favorite mud mask at the moment.
- Deciem The Ordinary 100 % Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil (30 ml for 9.80 USD / 115 SEK) This little gem also holds a top spot for my monthly favorites of September. Through the years I have realized that I need to have a face oil in my skin care routine. I just happened to stumble upon The Ordinary Rose Hip Oil while I was browsing Asos. It was cheap and I really liked my Oils of Life face oil from the Body Shop, which also contains rose hip seed oil (among others), so I though, why not? Is it the best face oil I’ve used? No, but for the price tag I honestly can’t complain.
- Dose of Colors Desi x Katy The Girls Eyeshadow Palette (Limited Edition, 28 $) I love this palette! I must admit that it’s a little hard to work with at times because it’s so pigmented and therefor is best applied with fingers. My brush collection isn’t all that and I really need to get my hands on a good flat and dense synthetic brush to be able to really pack these foiled shades to my lid better. My favorite shade is Turbosan, and I just love it paired with one of my favorite orangey terra-cotta crease shades. Those shades together look amazing and it’s such a simple look to create!
- Dose of Colors Desi x Katy Over the Top Lip Gloss (Limited Edition, 15 $) This lipgloss is seriously such an innovating product, well at least for me. As someone with dry lips, lipsticks can sometimes look less than stellar on my chapped lips. This lipgloss solves that problem for me and it makes pretty much every lipstick look amazing. Such a shame it’s limited edition because this is definitely a products I’ll use up.
- Soap Brows! Yes, I know I thought that this was a completely gimmicky Youtube/Instagram trend that had no real merit. But as I learned on a desperate morning when I realized I had run out of my brow gel, it does actually work and it works well. I mean it’s amazing, it actually keeps my brow hair in place all day, and I can comb my hairs straight up and they actually stay up! I love it, and the best part? It’s so much cheaper than a brow gel! Yeah, definitely a monthly favorite of September.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Metallic Rose (16 $ or 229 SEK) This has been a favorite lip gloss of mine for a while, but I finally went and got me a new one after I lost my last one. It’s such a great everyday shade for me and I find myself reaching for it all the time!
- MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Illuminating Base (1.7 fl. oz. / 50 ml for 42 $ or 360 SEK) This is really and oldie but a goodie. I haven’t used it in a while but I’ve been reaching for it on my no foundation days to give me that healthy glow and keep me from looking gloomy and tired.
- Dose of Colors Desi x Katy Lipstick in More Creamer Please (Limited Edition, 16 $) I had really hoped that this would be a new go-to nude for me but it just isn’t. There’s nothing wrong with the lipstick itself (it’s a little drier than I thought it would be) but this shade just isn’t for me. I obviously don’t have the right undertone to pull this shade off because it looks way to yellow on me. It kind of looks like I’ve smeared mustard over my lips. I’m still going to use this lipstick though, I’ll just have to mix it with something else.
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask (5 oz. / 150 ml for 80 $ / 819 SEK) I just can’t figure out the hype around this face mask. It literally does nothing for me except feel uncomfortably gooey on the skin and leave me with glitter residue on my face. I’m just glad I didn’t buy the full sized jar because that would have been a real waste of my money. I did give my jar to my mother, her skin is different than mine and usually what doesn’t work for my skin, works for her. If you’re interested in trying some Peter Thomas Roth masks, I can really recommend trying one of his mask kits. You can read my review on his Mask-A-Holic 5 Piece Kit here.
What have you been loving lately? Sound off in the comments section below.